Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2835230 and VAT registration number GB 745 9638 83, whose registered office is at Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5LR (“we“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited whose registered office is at Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5LR.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the site [www.vwfsfleet.co.uk ] (“site”) or that you provide if you contact us. This includes information you provide when you register to use the site, browse content on the site or use other functionality. The information you give us may include your name, phone number, email address, job title or various details about your company or employer;
- Data required in order for you or your employer to receive or use services on the site, including but not limited to polls, live chat and personalised services;
- Data required for VWFS to provide products and services to you or your employer or to help us identify you when you contact us;
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We may use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To help us identify you when you contact us;
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- To administer and improve the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting , data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- For other purposes for which you give your specific permission, or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information for any of the above purposes with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may also record telephone calls and store emails in connection with your dealings with us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.